Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Crafty Mom

Oh how I long to be one of those moms who can look at an old piece of furniture, an imperfect discounted item, or a piece of fabric and just KNOW that I could turn it into something fabulous. I can't.... YET.

My favorite store over the past year has been Hobby Lobby. Haven't heard of Hobby Lobby before? Don't fret... I didn't either until I moved out here to Colorado. It's a craft store like Michael's but 100X better! They have furniture, wall decor, holiday decor, craft items, flowers... you name it, they have it. But the thing I like MOST about Hobby Lobby is their sales. Oh how I LOVE their sales! My first purchase from them was last year when they had their Household decorations on sale. I kid you not, I bought THREE heavy candle holders to go on our new table and two picture frames to go on our new dresser. The cost? Less than $10 for all 5 items. one of the picture frame's glass was cracked... but I put a black and white photo of our wedding in there and it gave it an old feel. One of the candlesticks had a chip out of the bottom, but turned just the right way, you cant even see it. And i saved 95%! The candlesticks alone were ORIGINALLY $19.99-$29.99... I got them for $1.40 each for 2 of them, and the larger one was $2.40! WHAT A STEAL!

My favorite deal from them is a wall clock i found for $5! Originally $49.99! It looks like a long rectangular picture that hangs on the wall, but its actually a functioning clock! I love it!

Right now Hobby lobby has some of their Home goods on sale again for 66% off... there are some AMAZING items there (like these purple shelves I want to get Evangeline) but they are currently $6.50... and I think if i wait just a bit longer, I can get them for cheaper... RIGHT?

OK, anyway, like I said before, I have this dream of becoming a crafty mom who can turn anything into a work of art. If you look at the blogs I am following, I have gotten great ideas from so many talented blogging moms! I cant wait until we move to our PCOS and I get to stay at home... I'll be crafting the day away!

1 comments:

Jackie said...

I love Hobby Lobby, but I do WAY too many different crafts. I don't think there's a HL where we're moving though :( I'm sad already.