Thursday, December 31, 2009

Barn Star Ideas

Today on my lunch break I went over to the Goodwill that is thisclose to my work. Their Christmas items were 75% off! I purchased a gold angel candle holder (which I will be spray painting black and storing for next Christmas) and another ceramic candle holder for $.25 cents EACH. I also got a ceramic Christmas house that holds a tea light in the top and a votive in the bottom for $.75, 3 candle stick for $1.99 each, (it was a big splurge but they are SOLID and will look great painted black), a spice rack for $1.99 (I got drew spices for Christmas... i'll spray paint it black also), TWO Christmas topiaries that are from target that sell for $30 each.. I got them for $4 each!
.... And my favorite steal is a Barn Star... for $3. That's right, in fact it was only $2.99... for... a ..BARN... STAR. New, they cost anywhere from $50-$75! I'm in heaven! I plan on painting it... possibly black (do you see a theme here with my painting? BLACK everything)! Right now it's an ugly gold color... yuck. But I don't know where to put it and the thing is HUGE.

Should I hang it in my living room? Above the mantle? Save it until we move and decide then? Keep it as a Christmas decoration? I just don't know! Help me! When Is aw it I thought "ohhh... I'm going to paint this black, and hang it in my living room!" But then I second guessed myself. Grrrrr
This isn't MY star (mine is much bigger) but this is what it looks like. Any ideas on what to do with it and where to put it?!

0 comments: