Friday, October 30, 2009

Where did my good sleeper go?

I know babies' sleep patterns normally change around 4 months old. Its during this time that babies take longer to finally reach REM sleep, with their longest period of sleep being in the early stages of the night (bedtime-6 or 7 hours later) and then the lightest sleep is around 5-6am sleep.A t the same time, their bodies are telling them "hm..... milk just ain't cutting it anymore! Lets get some real food in this tummy"! I know with the combination of both of those things, it was inevitable that Tradd wasn't going to be THE BEST sleeper forever... but oh, how I wished! A "normal" night, he would go down between 8 and 9 and wake up between 5:30 and 6... sleeping completely through the night. The past 5 days, he has been getting up once or twice and eating like a horse! He is taking in probably 36-40 oz a day now. He's just so hungry! So, he has a pediatricians appointment today so we will see what the Doc says. I'm also going to bring up the fact that I KNOW my little guy has reflux... and its getting worse. So I'm going to see if we can get him on something to clear up his reflux... the poor thing spits up 2oz out of every bottle! No wonder he's hungry all the time!

0 comments: